Benjamin Andrew Stokes or simply Ben Stokes is arguably going through the best form in his cricketing career. He’s been outstanding since last year. Now, due to his impressive performances; he has now become No.1 test all-rounder.
Stokes also achieved a career-best ranking of No.3 in the ICC rankings for Test batsmen. Stokes is now ahead of Holder by 38 points due to his memorable knocks of 176 and 78* and a match haul of three wickets.
Touted as ‘Mr. Incredible’, Ben Stokes became the first English all-rounder to achieve that feat. His tally of 497 rating points is the highest by any Test all-rounder since Jacques Kallis aggregated 517 in April 2008.
Jason Holder stands at 2nd with 459 points, while Jadeja stands at 3rd with 397 points. Among batsmen, Stokes is joint-third with Marnus Labuschagne, only behind Steve Smith and Virat Kohli.
West Indian batsman; Shamarh Brooks has moved up 27 places to a vocation-best 45th position. Jason Holder still remains West Indies’ best batter at no.41. Among bowlers, Holder is in third place, behind Pat Cummins and Neil Wagner. Roston Chase has gained two places in the bowlers’ list after a five-wicket haul in the first innings.
Achievements of Ben Stokes
- He was the man of the match in finals of 2019 World Cup. He scored 84 runs for England.
- He holds the record of fastest 250 runs in test cricket.
- Second highest number of sixes in a Test innings – 11 sixes.
- Most runs in a Test innings at the sixth position – 258 runs.. He additionally holds the record of Highest Test partnership for the sixth wicket.
- He became the second cricketer after Ian Botham to have scored over 4,000 runs and took 100 wickets in Tests for England.
Thanks guys for visiting. Stay Tuned for latest updates about cricketing world. CRICKET FOR LIFE!!